There are two ways :
- Using Astro or another file browser, click the compatible file to launch it with My CookBook
- Copy your file on your SD card in /sdcard/MyCookBook directory and use the import menu (File Import/Export)
MyCookBook mcb format, xml format, Master Meal (.mmf, .mm, .txt), MasterCook (.mxp and .mx2 only MC4), LivingCookBook (.fdx), RezKonv (.rk, .txt) and CookML(.cml)
Meal Master recipe format is one of the most common recipe format, you should find many compatible software on your PC :
Windows : NYC, RezKonv, LivingCookBook, …
Linux : Krecipe
What are mcb and xml format ?
.mcb files are complete backup of one or more recipes with pictures, perfect for sharing or transfering recipes.
.xml files are for a local backup of one or more recipes, it does’nt not include pictures. You can find a description of our xml schema here : My CookBook XML Schema
How to generate a mcb file on my desktop ?
You can use the Recipe Writer that produce MyCookBook compatible files from any desktop computer.
Many thanks to Tjen !!
How to import recipes from a file ?
You should save your compatible recipe file (.xml, .mmf, .mm, .txt, .rk) on your phone SD card in the “MyCookBook” directory.
Then choose the import mode and use import button on the line of your file.
How to export recipes to a file ?
In the action bar, select the destination where you want to send your file (SD Card or DropBox), and use the export button.
Your file will be saved on your phone SD card in the “MyCookBook” directory, or on your dropbox account.
Where to find recipe files ?
Some sites below, but searching with google will give you many results :
Where is the “My CookBook” directory
The “MyCookBook” directory is located in your sdcard directory. Depending on the device it may be /sdcard/MyCookBook/ or /mnt/sdcard/MyCookBook or /storage/sdcard0/MyCookBook or…
You can now change the location of your images and your backup files in the settings of the app.
- Krecipe only support UTF8 encoding, mmf and rv files are exported in iso-8859-1. To avoid trouble with special characters switch to UTF-8 mode in the preferences.
- Others file format than MyCookBook are not well fitted to MyCookBook, you will loose some informations like your comments, recipe URL or cooking time.
- Sometimes there is trouble with recipe ingredients (located in directions, some word missing… ) we are working on that.
- Only MasterCook 4 mx2 files are compatible.